Dilbert on the bailout hearings

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Attachments
dilbert.JPG
dilbert.JPG (43.41 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

champguy

Re: Dilbert on the bailout hearings

Postby champguy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks PilotBillFromTexas this and some other cartoons we've seen lately help express feelings running roughshod round the country.
I just caught up on ep 121 and the boys went on quite a rant about the hiprocracy in washington on just this subject. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Unfortunately with the way people are feeling the corporate jet is just too easy a target. The real issue, the lack of accountability of the corporate and government priviledged elite is much harder to get a handle on. Bankers are supposed to exercise "due diligence" in return for legal protection in handling other peoples money and making a fat living while doing it. Clearly they didn't. Auto execs, some of the highest paid "leaders" in the country show up asking for public money and have not even a step one on solutions for the future. If I showed up that unprepared, I'd be fired. Their stockholders get screwed, their employes get screwed, the suppliers, the customers, everybody down the food chain gets screwed.
I know, Obama has to keep a focus on solutions first, before accountability, and probably he is doing the right thing. But really, couldn't Nancy Pelosie just ride coach like the rest of us.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

PilotBillFromTexas

Re: Dilbert on the bailout hearings

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:03 am

I'm sure that the president does want us to focus on this issue so that we can forget about his ultimate corporate air fleet.

Return to “Other Topics”