TSA stands for ??

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
Sven

Re: TSA stands for ??

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:56 am

Terrorists Successfully Aggravate

With all the other hassles we have to endure on the airlines, now I'm expected to risk my own life to save the entire plane to defend against terrorists. Shouldn't I get some sort of discount for being a terrorist fighter? I would expect at least a 50% discount on the cost of my ticket for providing this service for them. The TSA keeps banning what you can bring onto a plane without success. Why don't they just ban people?
Flying a Mooney M20D. One of only 3 fixed-gear Mooney aircraft still flying.

champguy

Postby champguy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 am

As this latest incident shows, banning people may be the only solution. This guy was on a list of 500,000 names. We got an FBI agent out there investigating each of them.I don't think so. And lots of dangerous stuff can pass through the inspections we now do.
You kill a snake by cutting off its head, and that will be how we stop the terror threat. These groups preach and recrute in the public arena, and train in areas where they can be found. Free speach does not include the right to yell fire in a theater, or advocate violence to the president. It should not include the right to preach violence against the public either. Police work, not war, will be the answer when we decide it is time to stop the madness.
My Champ is looking better and better as a long legged cross country machine.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:21 am

champguy wrote:This guy was on a list of 500,000 names. We got an FBI agent out there investigating each of them.I don't think so. And lots of dangerous stuff can pass through the inspections we now do.

I think you're on to something. Instead of having the FBI spend all their time and resources doing background checks on us, why not spend it doing a little research on that 500,000? I read yesterday that he got thru because he didn't fit the profile. Well, duh! Of course they're going to use people who don't fit the profile. The TSA also does not check underpants. That's why the terrorists are now using undies. I wonder what other methods they will use since now the entire world got to see a copy of the top-secret TSA manual online. Next the TSA will ban underpants and we'll all be flying commando style. Maybe we need to fly in hospital gowns. Or, maybe, the TSA and the FBI and the State Department all need to talk with each other.

Mtns2Skies

Postby Mtns2Skies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am

Cavebear42 wrote: Try this ice-breaker, "What do you think that Madison and Jefferson had in mind when they wrote the 4th amendment?"

So maybe I was a little harsh after 5 minutes or so of "these are our policies" and "you could take a bus" when I told him that he probably didn't do to well in 3th grade since most 8 year olds know that the constitution trumps "policies".

Now now, The large int'l airport screening only puts us maybe 25 minutes TOPS out of our way, and I'm sure it does keep the dumb terrorists away. If it makes the TSA happy let them do that. It is what they are doing to General Aviation which is terrible. Airport screening isn't a huge deal and certainly not worth going on the no-fly list for... however what they are doing to our industry which hurts us.

champguy

Postby champguy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 pm

Cleaned up post, got carried away while drinking, my apologies. :oops:
Last edited by champguy on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sven

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 am

According to this article it sounds like the folks at the TSA need a major do-over. It seems now that the TSA agent interviewing the blogger who posted the secret TSA manual online flaked out and left his notebook in a public place. It almost seems like a comedy act.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/03/re ... ial-a.html

Dumber than a box of hair. Your badge dollars hard at work.

Maybe it should now stand for: Their Secrets? Available!

JamieCT

Postby JamieCT » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 am

Here's a great article on the idiocy of TSA

http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/200 ... index.html

Common sense? Confiscating a butter knife from the fully uniformed airline captain from his flight bag??... even though it was identical to the ones used to serve food on board. Unreal! He's a great writer and I've enjoyed his column. I think Jeb might have mentioned him once in a fairly recent podcast.

champguy

Postby champguy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Profiling would be a big part of the answer, but it is politically incorrect, descriminatory, against the law, and would require competence at the screening site.
Hang in there, we are all in this together.

PropFan

Postby PropFan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Gotta have a logo to go with that new name. Here are some suggestions:

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2 ... ontes.html

Return to “Other Topics”