Ep# 222

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
nicnacjak

Re: Ep# 222

Postby nicnacjak » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 am

Another great episode. For my two cents you should just hit record from the get go and let the tangents fly. Podcasting is very unique in that there really are no time limits. Just IPhone data limits on the other end.

Always interesting to hear about living in a Florida airpark.

Hanger door or no I will always be enviouse of Jeb.
- Nicolas

Web Journalist and Virtual Pilot
http://www.nicolasjackson.com
http://www.nicnacjak.com

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 am

nicnacjak wrote:Always interesting to hear about living in a Florida airpark.

Hanger door or no I will always be envious of Jeb.

It's hard for me to express how envious *I* am of what Jeb is creating for himself.

I'm back in NH now, but my three weeks in Fla were just a great pleasure to live the life vicariously. He's generously invited me back, and I will certainly take him up on it.

// Jack

PropFan

Postby PropFan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm more in the "get to the aviation stuff" camp. It's what I crave and what you folks do so well.

champguy

Postby champguy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:13 pm

In Aeronca Land, among Aeroncateers, it is dangerous to suggest Champs are faster than Chiefs, even though we all know they are. Such are disagreements on the internet.
However, I vote with nicnacjac, all the banter is fine with me, part of the "lifestyle". Like leather jackes with bangles and Harley Davidsons, or Chrome. Wise old Triumph dealer back in the day told me, "If it don't go, chrome it".
Shall we get into "wet look" paint jobs on classic or vintage planes, which add about sixty pounds. Sixty pounds is a lot of beer when you are headed into the mountains, and, after all, what is a plane really for if it can't bring the beer to the party.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

ATC_Ben

Postby ATC_Ben » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm agreeing with you... electronics are all wonderful, but if they do not have redundancy built in then that's a bad idea. This was an early implementation of FADEC on a piston aircraft, and redundancy clearly wasn't fully thought out. At least in a turbine the FADEC is designed to revert in the event of a failure so you have mechanical system and the fuel supply is normally a separate valve to the FADEC system. Or you have two or more fully redundant systems in play.

Speaking of Jeb, On the last PCDU episode they were talking about an estate that is being built on a former RAAF base here in Melbourne (Former RAAF Laverton) and I couldn't help but think of Jack's one liner in the opening of UCAP "It's got a runway in the front yard!"... pity they never thought to make it an airpark, but it's probably a little too close to the city for that!
Caelus latus sursum

champguy

Postby champguy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:51 pm

I made an earlier comment about carrying a can of "Liquid Fire" in a plane. A friend today told me he carried a can in his motorcycle pack while riding over a 6000 foot pass. Blew the valve off and stank for quite a while. Fortunately he wasn't smoking. Could have been quite a show.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Episodes”