"Belatedly Steve" UCAP #243

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

"Belatedly Steve" UCAP #243

Postby jackhodgson » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

I just posted UCAP 243, which was recorded back before Oshkosh, but due to all the craziness got delayed in the pipeline. But here it is, and it's still got lots of goodness in it.

http://uncontrolledairspace.com/blog/?p=626

ruckin

Re: "Belatedly Steve" UCAP #243

Postby ruckin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:31 am

With all the talk about airports that are near the Canadian border... how about a runway that crosses the border? Along the norther border of Washington (the state) is Avey field (69S) and one end of the runway is in Canada and the other end of the runway is in the US.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/69S

It is on my list of places to go once I get a PPL

- Ruckin

Tcrafter

Postby Tcrafter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Here's another airport on the US/Canadian border, Piney Pinecreek Border (48Y). It's in northern Minnesota, paved and longer than 2000 feet. I have seen it from the air but have never been on the ground there. I have it on my list of places to go once the Taylorcraft is airworthy again.

eaglepilot

Postby eaglepilot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:59 am

Does this count?

My home airport (Abbotsford, BC,Canada-CYXX) has some airspace that is physically in the USA, near 38W. I can be on a two mile final for 01, and be in USA airspace but under Canadian control. I could easily be confused except for the great controllers at Abbotsford who change their accents for me depending on which country's soil I am flying over. ;)

Return to “Episodes”