UCAP 278 Dailies from Sun n Fun 2012

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

UCAP 278 Dailies from Sun n Fun 2012

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 am

In UCAP 279 Bravo, we made reference to, another attempt by Dave and Jeb to show that they can do this podcasting thing on their own, err, Dave & Jeb starting the episode without me. As a special bonus here in the Forums, here's that audio, that they recorded before I arrived, before we recorded the 278B that's in the regular feed.

http://www.uncontrolledairspace.com/eps/278Bjd.mp3

// Jack

ARFlyer

Re: UCAP 278 Dailies from Sun n Fun 2012

Postby ARFlyer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:22 am

"Jack is in the neighborhood of 200 yards away wondering in a amazement why we arn't behind him" :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: I can just visualize Jack looking back with that "Where are they at" :? :?: look , just to see Jeb and Dave waving back down range.

champguy

Postby champguy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Whether camping, cruising, or carousing, it is the people. You have to be there, have time to let it all sink in, to fully appreciate it.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

jackhodgson
Site Admin

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Taken just after we recorded the final UCAP Daily (golf) at Sun 'n Fun 2012.

UPDATE: I always forget that you don't all recognize us by our faces. Above are, left-right, Dave, Jeb, and Jack.

JamieCT

Postby JamieCT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm

You guys were terrific! I was only able to attend for the better part of one day, but I felt like I had a sense of the event because you were kind enough to record these installments. I can't express how much I appreciate the enthusiasm and insight your podcast brings to the curious aviators around the globe. It was also a distinct pleasure to find Dave relaxing in the shade of the radio shack and share some stories about his hang glider days. You're a class act Dave, and it was an honor to meet you in person.

For me, Sun n Fun was a complete and total success. I've been working on getting it together to upgrade my wings from my trusty 182. Because of the gathering of certain individuals present at SnF, I was able to make a very substantial deposit to secure the build of a new plane, a 5-place single, Expedition E350. Glad to help out the industry, and thrilled with the prospect of flying a new Expedition once it's completed in the early Fall.

All the best to a great bunch of podcasters and stellar aviators!

WiredforFlight

Postby WiredforFlight » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

I want to say you all did a great job. Made me want to be at Sun & Fun even more. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few months at the sleepy airport of Oshkosh.

jackhodgson
Site Admin

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the kind comments about our SnF Dailies. I was concerned that we got a little to "philosophical" in a couple of them: When we talked about the nightlife/social life being so central to us, and the closing ep about how SnF is "alive and well". We probably won't stray so far into that kind of thing in the future, but as an occasional thing it's OK.

// Jack

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

Remember the encounter, JamieCT, thanks! To you and everyone else who introduced themselves at Sun 'n Fun, at Lakeland and Plant City and a couple of places off-campus, the honor is all mine/ours....

Now, if any of you detected a sense of hesitance on first stepping up, it's my latent humility at the attention from such great folks as those who take time from their week to listen to us...it's truly great to meet :oops: -- and the kind words about our efforts, the regulars and the dailies, is icing on the cupcake....

As for Jack's observations about us straying into anything philosophical, eh.... :roll:

To those we didn't get to meet, thanks! To those we'll meet in Wisconsin, looking forward to it....

Thanks!

hopmedic

Postby hopmedic » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 am

I had hoped to meet you guys at SnF this year, but it just didn't work out. On Friday, I was planning to go to the GAP, but I had friends with me, and by the end of the airshow, we were beat, and wanting to get on the road for the 2 1/2 hour drive back to their place.

I'm a new listener, but have spent my commutes and time at work for the past several months listening to several aviation podcasts. A couple I have run out of episodes, and UCAP I will be caught up with in the next few days, as I only have 6 more episodes to listen to. Thanks for the great podcast, and I hope that next year I get the chance to meet you at SnF.

--
Rich Hopkins

Enter any 11 digit prime number to continue...
--
Rich

Enter any 11 digit prime number to continue...

gmarshall

Postby gmarshall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:02 pm

jackhodgson wrote:Taken just after we recorded the final UCAP Daily (golf) at Sun 'n Fun 2012.

UPDATE: I always forget that you don't all recognize us by our faces. Above are, left-right, Dave, Jeb, and Jack.

....if only there were a blog that you guys could post this picture to. ;)

-Greg

Return to “Episodes”