Ep #304

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
Larry James

Ep #304

Postby Larry James » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:39 pm

OK, now you've got me about to panic.

If Ep #303 was the end of Season One when does Season Two start?

Those slow learners in the audience, I count myself among them, had just naturally assumed Season Two would start right away. But right away has come and gone and still no episode #304.

Please tell me its nothing to worry about. That #304 has been going through a few birthing pains but will be along shortly, all hot, fresh and straight from the oven. Right?

Right?

I am right aren't I?

Larry

bruceh

Re: Ep #304

Postby bruceh » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:50 am

I'm one of those people who downloaded the entire "first season" and listened to every episode. I FINALLY caught up with every podcast in the queue with episode 303! :D
Took me about 2.5 years to get through the first 303 podcasts. Great entertainment as I work in the garage on my RV-9A project.
Bruce Hill
RV-9A N5771H now FLYING!
http://www.overthehills.com/RV-9A-Project

Larry James

Postby Larry James » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:57 am

The question remains.

Where is episode 304, season two?

or, shudder to even consider it, is there going to BE an episode 304 or a season two?

Dreading to peer through the plate glass doors of UCAP world HQ only to see a few empty Leinenkugel bottles, empty styrofoam sushi containers and crumpled old flight plans scattered in the dust on the floor.

Perish the thought.

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Fear not, gentle listeners - you are merely experiencing a brief hiatus while retooling is accomplished in preparation for Season 2.

I think.

;)
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Tinytall

Postby Tinytall » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 am

I'm hoping they're taking the FAA to task about Through The Fence issues and establishing Neil Armstrong day as a national holiday.

-Tinytall
States I've landed and taken off:

DJTorrente

Postby DJTorrente » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Larry, I recall the UCAP hangar gang taking brief and well-deserved podcast vacation après-Osh last year as well. Let not our hearts be troubled. :D
"Good Rock... Welcome to Oshkosh"
AirVenture 2019: July 22-28 http://www.airventure.org

Like they say in baseball, there's always next year.

-DJTorrente

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Just posted UCAP304. A little later than even *I* had hoped. But we're still here.

Trying some new things. Please let us know what you think about the changes.

// Jack

PS. Oh and stay tuned for an announcement next week, or maybe the week after.

champguy

Postby champguy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Thank you for bringing up the subject of community at your local airport. This Saturday at 6S2 I will be "Manager of the Day" and have all the power that up-paid position implies. Please come and visit. I can get you a loaner car and free advice on which which local restaurants pay me rent and put gas in my plane.
We have an "Airport Volumteer Group" and keep coffee and various processed corbohidrates, ie, donuts, for your pleasure.
Every morning we host a group of military and civilian pilots from WW2, the Berlin Airlift, and those flying the line for the big name airlines you remember, to those of us flying today for the joy of being in uncontrolled airspace.
Yes we have had budget cuts, but every day we have someone there to make you feel welcome.
Community is what we have left when the hot money has gone, and it is good.
Join us, or make your own home field a place where true believers feel welcome every day.
Champguy
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Larry James

Postby Larry James » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 am

Just came back from the Pacific NW, including coastal Oregon. You are a lucky man champ guy. Beautiful.

My joy at the scenic wonders out yonder pales in comparison to my near rapture at finding a steaming hot episode 304 waiting for me on my return.

Turns out that burnt offering to the podcasting gods worked!

Larry

mmike

Postby mmike » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 am

I was so glad to hear that UCAP's summer hiatus is over and you are back at it! Normal rhythm restored; life can resume.

Return to “Episodes”