Ep# 317

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
champguy

Ep# 317

Postby champguy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 pm

J & B this week. Too much beer in my weight and balance.
I can't believe folks still believe flying with an electrical system is safer than than simply knowing what you are doing.
Good luck to The Dreamliner, even if it is made out of frozen snot. It is beautiful and I wish it well.
Double "A"s and GPS rock. My old GPS and two double "A"s can get me half way across the country.
Add Terrain, Airspace, and HSI, and I need a new touch screen, an update, and a rechargeable battery box. What next.
Cheers from the Oregon Coast, where the first Daffodils are up and all will be well with the world.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Biggles71

Re: Ep# 317 Li batteries

Postby Biggles71 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 am

Thanks for another great episode!

With regards to Lithium batteries bringing down aircraft... Originally from Belgium (EUR), I live in Dubai where I fly A380's for a living.
On September 3rd 2010, I witnessed something I don't want to see again. A UPS B747-400 overflew my house between 200 and 300ft and subsequently crashed very close by. Even though the final report is not out, it is clear that a cargo fire more than likely started by Lithium batteries, started the mayhem.

I've subsequently written a blogpost as a tribute to the two US pilots that lost their lives.
Thanks for spending a few minutes on this 2010 post. http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.com/2010/09/pick-of-week-36-tribute-to-doug-and.html

Best regards from a fellow aviator,
Bjorn
Flying was my first love and it will be my last one!

Return to “Episodes”