What should we return to?

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
cozy171bh

Re: What should we return to?

Postby cozy171bh » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:05 am

Affordable flying --

I really enjoyed the segments you've done on airplanes for sale within the average working man's or woman's reach. Beyond just airplanes for sale is the cost of flying, insuring and maintaining that airplane. As former/current airplane owners, perhaps Dave and Jeb can provide some thoughts on keeping the costs reasonable.

I would also like to discuss AutoGas -- While we are awaiting a 100LL replacement, there are thousands of low compression engines in the fleet that do very nicely on AutoGas, yet it is the rare airport that sells the fluid - a cheaper option. I flew over 1000 hours on AutoGas in the late 1980's with no issues.

Given the sad state of GA, affordability is one of the keys to survival....

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:10 am

+1 on Affordable flying

I remember talk of doing a show while an aircraft auction was going on. I'm guessing that would have been at Sun n fun. That would have been cool.

I find the stories of normal people who have incorporated GA into their lives interesting.

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks for all the input here. I'm gonna review it all, and get a lot of it onto "the list".

And it's not too late to add more suggestions to this thread.

Thanks.

// Jack

champguy

Postby champguy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:09 pm

One issue worth exploring is keeping small local airports open and connected to the communities they serve. Here in Florence we have an "AVG" airport volunteer group to keep the airport Office/FBO open. Most of us serve about two days a month. The city does the maintenance and keeps the power on, we start the coffee and open up each day for a coffee club, then greet visitors, sign out the loaner car, and report anything that needs looking after.
For the local retired military and civilian commercial pilots we offer a place where they can meet every morning, be understood, and contribute to the larger needs of the community.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Episodes”