"Zerk Shortage" UCAP #358

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

"Zerk Shortage" UCAP #358

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 pm

New UCAP episode "Zerk Shortage" is posted.

http://uncontrolledairspace.com/shownotes/UCAP358

champguy

Re: "Zerk Shortage" UCAP #358

Postby champguy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:37 pm

It seems to do no good to point this out, but when I was a snotty nosed kid at the ski area, my parents gave me a buck and a lift ticket for the day ahead. The burger for lunch was twenty-five cents, thirty-five with cheese, and so was a gallon of gas to get the family up country where the snow and ice were.
Try to get a good hand made burger today for the price of a gallon of gas: can't do it.
Gas today costs less in constant dollars than it did fifty years ago. And still we complain! Go figure.
My two week vacation, flying half way across the country and spending a week at the greatest air show in the world cost well less than the same time spent at "Big Name Resort" on a hot dry sandy beach paying way too much for the drinks to keep me anesthetized.
Aviation Rocks.
I may be slow, but I get there.
Champguy
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Laminar

Re: "Zerk Shortage" UCAP #358

Postby Laminar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:26 am

It's about time we recognized the serious threat to national security posed by Cub pilots. I feel safer already.

Return to “Episodes”