Ep# 362

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
champguy

Ep# 362

Postby champguy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Thank you for the time with Jack Pelton. Change is always a time of uncertainty and when this time is come and gone, Jack's tenure will seem short, but thank god we had a really intelligent guy to step up and help us through.
Last edited by champguy on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

cozy171bh

Re: Ep# 362

Postby cozy171bh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Great episode! What makes Uncontrolled Airspace stand out is that this podcast goes to Oshkosh and permits those of us who cannot attend an opportunity to "live" Airventure while driving to work in the morning. Thanks guys!

I was at OSH the week prior to the convention this year, and even though my 10 year old son gets the opportunity to fly with me regularly in my airplane, he went up in the Young Eagles ride in the EAA Glastar. I was surprised that although he has a much higher than average exposure to aviation (compared to his peers) this flight made a strong impression on him. Perhaps the fact he was not flying with Dad for a change made a difference?

What a valuable treasure the Young Eagles program is! In addition to the flight, my son has access to a free training course with Sporty's, and is taking a deeper interest in the mechanics of flight that perhaps will lead to joining the ranks of pilots.

I learned a lesson here. At least in the case of my son, some exposure beyond flying with Dad can be valuable to sparking his interest. Young Eagles is not just for those outside the flying community. We also should make use of these promotional programs to pass the torch to the next generation.

champguy

Postby champguy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:40 pm

It's a bit like trying to teach your wife something.
Better to encourage and let others do the teaching. Never push, the interest must come from within and be genuine.
Lead by example, never from authority.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Champguy,

In case it's not obvious, I like Jack Pelton a lot.

// Jack H.

Return to “Episodes”