Episode 380 Charlie from Sun-n-Fun

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
jimg

Episode 380 Charlie from Sun-n-Fun

Postby jimg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi, Everyone,

Jack asked me to post Episode 380 Charlie (daily) from the Sun-n-Fun Fly-In in Lakeland, FL.

Here's the link to download the MP3 file:
http://uncontrolledairspace.com/shownotes/index.php?s=UCAP380CC

Enjoy!
Jim G
Last edited by jimg on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartySantic

Re: Episode 380 Charlie from Sun-n-Fun

Postby MartySantic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Just finished listening to #380C. Nice to hear you guys from SunNFun and wish I was there. Think Dave provided a bit of mis-information with regard to the differences between building E-LSA or E-AB when one has the option. Yes, after initial certification as an E-LSA, the owner can modify the E-LSA as long as the aiplane continues to meet the E-LSA parameters (stall speed, max speed, etc.) If one builds E-LSA and the airplane is so equipped (which can be done after the initial certification), there is no limitation for night flight or instrument flight, provided the pilot has the class 3 medical and private certificate allowing night flight and the instrument rating for instrument flight. The operating limitations typically contain the caveat, "if so equipped".

In my mind the biggest advantage to licensing E-LSA is the owner (no matter if the initial owner or next owner, in the case if the initial owner sells), can obtain the repairman certificate and not only perform all maintenance but sign off each yearly conditional inspection. This is not true if initally licensed as E-AB. Only the initial owner/builder can obtain the repairman certificate.

jimg

Re: Episode 380 Charlie from Sun-n-Fun

Postby jimg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi, Marty,

The differences between E-LSA and E-AB (when you have a choice) are indeed complex. I thought that this web site:

http://www.sportaviationspecialties.com/

written by G. Michael Huffman, lays it all out in understandable language. Recommended.

Jim G

Return to “Episodes”