UCAP395 TTFNMF

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
jarheadpilot82

UCAP395 TTFNMF

Postby jarheadpilot82 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:31 am

I think Dave asked the question, "who bought Airtran's 717s from Southwest?" The answer is Delta Air Lines in a sweet, sweet deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinth ... s/3189607/

In an insane deal, Southwest agreed to spend $100M (yes, Martha, that M stands for Million) to refurbish the airplanes to Delta standards. Delta got, relatively dealing, young airplanes with brand new interiors that they spent no money on.

Delta loves that airplane and, since that transaction, gone out and acquired several more 717s from overseas carriers.

Just fillin' in the gap...
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens, GA

Dave Higdon

Re: UCAP395 TTFNMF

Postby Dave Higdon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks for filling us in....flew many times on AirTran's '17s and loved the comfort...and interesting that the air line that got such a great deal from SWA is one that parts company from Airlines 4 America on the air-traffic-service separation debate....smart cookies down there in HotLanta... ;)

Jeb

Postby Jeb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:35 am

<waves at Terry>

Jeb

jarheadpilot82

Postby jarheadpilot82 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 pm

<Terry waves back!>

Let me know the next time you pass through Athens, Jeb (or any of you three for that matter), and lunch is on me.

And, Dave, let's hope they stay smart with the retirement of Richard Anderson.

Enough airline talk. As Jack says, "Let's go flyin'!"
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens, GA

Return to “Episodes”