"It's Gonna Be A Hot One" UCAP25 Part II

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.

"It's Gonna Be A Hot One" UCAP25 Part II

Postby AirportDude » Sun May 21, 2017 9:10 am

Ok, first off, how many of you did a double-take at the episode title?!?! :o

Yes, I've gone back to the start of it all and I'm up to listening to episode #26 now. (Call me crazy, nuts, bored, whatever... just as long as you call me to dinner!) However, something interesting of note from episode #25, part II at your first Sun n' Fun Radio/Podcast recording.

You interviewed Barry Valentine, the former Acting Deputy Director of the FAA. I got to meet Barry a couple of times back in the late 1980s and early 1990s when he was the Director of the Portland International Jetport (KPWM) at Portland, Maine. He lived directly across the street from my father, and dad introduced me to Barry one time when I was home on leave while still in the Air Force. It was a long time ago, but I remember he seemed like a pretty dynamic guy, and it wasn't too long after (early 90s) he left Portland to go work for the FAA.

So that's about it. I've enjoyed listening to the old recordings, and hearing how the current UCAP evolved. You guys haven't changed too much over the past 11 years, at least your thoughts, opinions, personalities, etc. What's been interesting is your take on the various topics back then and how those have issues have turned-out (or dragged-out) over time -- user fees, TSA, the airlines, LSAs, the state of GA, etc.

Looking forward to listening to the next (past) 10 years!!!

The other Jeff 8-)
Switching to advisory, squawking VFR. Good day!
- AirportDude

Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: "It's Gonna Be A Hot One" UCAP25 Part II

Postby jackhodgson » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 am

Barry Valentine appeared on the podcast numerous times in those early years. I know Dave still touches base with him these days, but it's been too long since he's joined us in the virtual hangar.

Return to “Episodes”