Episode #105

A place to post misc. feedback to individual eps.
Forum rules
We'd love to have you Reply to posts in this Forum, but please don't create new Topics here. One exception: If we haven't created a thread for a particular episode, feel free to get it started. For other subjects, I suggest creating new Topics in Virtual Hangar=>Other Topics. Thanks.
champguy

Re: Episode #105

Postby champguy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 pm

It is not just cooler looking.
Can you imagine the fun running around town looking for a cop with radar, get him chaseing you then extend the wings and really take off. He would be limp for a week.
The possibilities are mind boggling. A whole new level to the concept "getaway car".
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Oh no, the TSA will have them shut down for fear of an army of terrorists on these things coming to pillage the country James Bond enemy like.

lucaberta

Postby lucaberta » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:32 am

I thought that the ADS-B references made by Amy were worth having a topic of their own, as they're not really only limited to this episode. I have thus created a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=534

Ciao, Luca
Luca Bertagnolio, CPL/ASEL/AMEL/ASES/IR

US States I've overflown or flown in:

Scofreyjet

Re: Episode #105 (Terrafugia)

Postby Scofreyjet » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:37 pm

By way of an update on the Terrafugia "Transition" roadable airplane:

The prototype vehicle will be a temporary exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston from mid-December into January.

The company website has stills and video related to road tests and high-speed taxi testing, but no indication that they have conducted the planned first flight test yet. They're running out of time in December if they have to have the vehicle in the museum by the 18th!
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Return to “Episodes”