KBAF Westfield Mass, Barnes Muni

Tell us about the places you've enjoyed.
cphillips103

KBAF Westfield Mass, Barnes Muni

Postby cphillips103 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi.

Last weekend we flew up to KBAF (Barnes Muni) in Westfield Mass. In the main terminal building is the highly rated
restaurant The Runway.

The terminal building is right between two FBO's, so once you park you walk right into the main terminal and there is the restaurant.

The restaurant was crowded. Had to wait 20 to 30 minutes. Food was excellent. Service was top notch. There was also a live 2 piece band playing.

There weren't that many pilots there (I think there was one other plane in the parking area). Mostly people from the area, which is a good sign that the restaurant has good food.

There is a nice observation deck on the top of the main terminal building. From there we can see an F15 parked on the other side of the airport. There are several F15's stationed there that run missions a few times per day. A nice gentleman we spoke with said he likes to bring the grandkids out to watch the takeoffs.

I highly recommend a stop off there if in the area. It's 91nm from Long Island, but only took us 53 mins to get there.

-CP

cphillips103

Re: KBAF Westfield Mass, Barnes Muni

Postby cphillips103 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Stopped by again recently. They had their usual good food and live music. A patron sitting next to us was actually one of the band member's relatives. So that was fun. The best part about the restaurant is that it is mostly populated by locals and always full on the weekends, so it will always be supported and at the same time bridge the promotion of aviation to the general public.

I was there when it was a little frosty, but in the summer the outside deck also serves food.

Return to “Airport Restaurants”