Flight Planning Software V1.2.9

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
Punky

Flight Planning Software V1.2.9

Postby Punky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:26 pm

As always, people can be emailed automatically with new updates if they let me know at punky@interlog.com.

Download this free software from:
http://idisk.mac.com/PunkStarStudios-Public

Version 1.2.9 - Apr 21, 2008

Fixed some cosmetics with the Track Finder screen.
Fixed a problem with negative numbers being generated in the flight plan for time left (violating reserves etc.)
Fixed a problem with the reserve check when time left is a negative (an not just below the 30/45 minute mark).

*** Old flight plans that have negative values will have to have the offending lines deleted and re-entered to have the proper calculations performed.

t0r0nad0

Re: Flight Planning Software V1.2.9

Postby t0r0nad0 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Here's a suggestion, and I'm not sure if you can make this work...

I know that with FlightAware, you can set it up to alert you via email or SMS text message when a flight plan for a certain flight # or tail # has been filed. The cool part about this is that it will text you the actual route assigned by ATC. In fact, Daniel Baker, the Founder and CEO of FA, said that he always just files direct GPS and waits for the alert to come in for his actual route, but I digress. Anyway, I'm not sure if you'd have access to the same datastream, but I was wondering if you could set up some kind of alerting through your software to send the actual assigned route to a mobile device, so that it's easier for you to copy your clearance when you're in the cockpit?
-PJ

PP-ASEL as of 8/15/2007
AGI as of 6/30/2008
FAASTeam Representative

States in which I have been the sole manipulator of the controls on takeoff and/or landing:

Return to “Listener Mail”