OSH NOTAM

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
dmoyes

OSH NOTAM

Postby dmoyes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:20 pm

ENOUGH WITH THE OSH NOTAM STUFF ALREADY. B-O-R-I-N-G!!! For heaven's sake most of us don't go and don't care!!! Please talk about something interesting.

Thanks,
Dennis (exasperated!)

champguy

Re: OSH NOTAM

Postby champguy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:39 pm

The OSH approach is one of the coolest experiences of a lifetime. It demonstrates what we can do when we all cooperate with our heads up. The thought of some ego stuck SOB blundering in half assed gives me the freek'n creeps. The thought of me screwing everybody up, getting someone hurt, scares me even worse.

I'm with you guys, tell em all, "get the notam, read the notam, follow the notam"

I have a freind who used to arrive in Cam Ranh Bay in the afternoon after a buisy day doing stuff. That was the only pattern I've ever heard of that handled the same level of traffic.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 pm

dmoyes wrote:ENOUGH WITH THE OSH NOTAM STUFF ALREADY. B-O-R-I-N-G!!! For heaven's sake most of us don't go and don't care!!! Please talk about something interesting.

Thanks,
Dennis (exasperated!)

Sorry our occasional tirades on the NOTAM issue bore you, Dennis; will try to keep 'em shorter, but can't promise they'll go away completely until after OSH...

We take this tact because Jeb and I both have experienced flying into both Oshkosh and Sun 'n Fun in the company of pilots who had not a clue or what they were supposed to be doing or how they were supposed to communicate and it's a hot button for us as a result. While you note that "most of us don't go and don't care"
we consider it a safety-of-flight issue for the tens of thousands of humans who do come to these events, both those in the arrival and those on the ground. And over the course of a five year period, you'd be amazed at the percentage of pilots who do make at least one trip.

But understand your point; we'll try to keep it brief, the next time...thanks for sounding out.

Dave

dmoyes

Postby dmoyes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Dave,
I apologize for my tirade. I understand your point because I too have flown into airshows where no one knew what the heck was going on. In fact, I swore I'd never do that again it was so bad. Caught me on a bad day. Thanks for your polite reply.

Cheers,
Dennis

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:50 pm

No sweat, Dennis...judging from a set of ex-wives and a pair of podcast partners, being occasionally irritating is one of my <ahem> endearing traits...

Thanks for the note...much appreciated.

Dave

Return to “Listener Mail”