Wichita-area Meet Up...

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Dave Higdon

Wichita-area Meet Up...

Postby Dave Higdon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

OK, guess this is past due on my part...but I'm not used to the idea of there actually being any people around here who actually listen to UCAP...but know there are...and Tony Condon's questions on the occasion of his recent move to ICT got me thinking...maybe it's time we (me?) shot for staging a Wichita-area meet-up...

No wrong answers here...if nobody's interested, well, I'll nurse the rejection ;) over my Leinnie's in private...at home where only my bride, our dog and two cats will see...

But think about it...we've had past suggestions about a first-saturday-of-some-month get-together at Ponca City for one of the monthly fly-in breakfasts...but those were talks of Jack, Jeb and me doing a live-with-an-audience UCAP session...

For Wichita, thought we could follow Jack's West Coast model...I know of a couple of watering holes where we'd be among friends -- and where I know the owners...so if there are more than just me interested in the idea, fire back at will...no, not Will...at-will, if you will...and we'll see how many and when and all the other details...

In the meantime, I expect to see the owner of one of these watering holes next Monday and I'll talk to him about a day-of-week suggestion for his convenience...

Smooth skies, gang...

Dave
"Live longer and fly, because time spend flying is not subtracted from your lifespan

PilotBillFromTexas

Re: Wichita-area Meet Up...

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm in!

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 pm

plan on me too

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pm

OK, that's a solid start; with three we have a virtual hangar ;) ...I'm planning to talk about this on our next episode to help spread the word to those many who unfortunately do not visit or participate often on the Forums pages and then we can start discussing a when and where...

Thanks, guys...

Dave

Greg Bockelman

Postby Greg Bockelman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Rats. Too far away and no plane at the moment. If I were still in NE KS, I would DRIVE down. :o Oh well.

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:54 am

dave,

i think the CAF guys have a 'mid week debrief' at the Stick and Rudder Club?

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:19 am

Sounds like I might need to bring a wallet full of dollar bills.

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:20 pm

ha! not that kind of 'debrief' or that kind of club. funny though!

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bill, love your instincts...but, Tony's correct...not that kinda club...but it is a dyed-in-the-wool aviator's joint...and I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, Tony, there is a Wednesday-night gathering at The Stick & Rudder...think that's the only night the owner, Pete, puts out a small happy-hour spread...

At any rate, that's the joint I'm thinking about -- but gonna hold off until after we get out a Podcast episode opening up the invitation to those who only listen...

And good meeting you this morning, Tony...as you saw, we've got an interesting collection of wha...of cra....of <ahem> interesting pilots in the area ;)

Dave

nickm1622

Postby nickm1622 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 am

Count me in as well. I'm sure this has already been though of, but the Hanger One Steakhouse is supposed to open at the end of March...

Return to “Meetups”