Stuck in an airport for 5 days

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
LNSflyer

Stuck in an airport for 5 days

Postby LNSflyer » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 pm

This is ridiculous. Coming from myself, at least, a person who has used buddy passes for a few years because of a parent who works for an airline. This brings shame to those who use passes and give them out. There are many a people every day who get stuck overnight or all day in airports trying to get places on passes. Even though I have some sympathy for them, I'm disgusted by their ways. It is not appropriate to go whine on TV about how you have been stuck in an airport because of the fact that you have not been able to fly because you are on a buddy pass.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story/Fa ... vctBQ.cspx
Student Pilot flying an Evektor SportStar out of KLNS.

DJTorrente

Re: Stuck in an airport for 5 days

Postby DJTorrente » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 am

I get all that, and probably would have felt the same way on days one or two. But four days later and there isn't a seat to be had? Not even splitting up the parents to take a kid each on two separate flights? I know the airlines are squeezing capacity, but if they are seriously running that full that consistently, then they should just cancel the buddy pass program. We're talking about summer in SLC, not MCO (Disney).

BTW, nice PR touch by United to put them up in a hotel.
"Good Rock... Welcome to Oshkosh"
AirVenture 2019: July 22-28 http://www.airventure.org

Like they say in baseball, there's always next year.

-DJTorrente

champguy

Re: Stuck in an airport for 5 days

Postby champguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

I didn't mind flying "standby" when I was wearing "green", and paid the same wherever I was stuck.
I like to think now I can make better use of my time.
As for the airlines these days, even when you buy the tickets, they treat you as if you were on standby, changing flights with impunity.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Listener Mail”