Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_importoldchangelog::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/lib/plugins/importoldchangelog/action.php on line 8
Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_importoldindex::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/lib/plugins/importoldindex/action.php on line 57
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 208
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 211
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 421
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 594
Strict Standards: Declaration of cache_instructions::retrieveCache() should be compatible with cache::retrieveCache($clean = true) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/cache.php on line 291
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/auth.php on line 154
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/lib/plugins/importoldchangelog/action.php:8) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/auth.php on line 245
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/auth.php on line 475
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/auth.php on line 472
Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/doku.php on line 71
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/lib/plugins/importoldchangelog/action.php:8) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/actions.php on line 370
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/lib/plugins/importoldchangelog/action.php:8) in /homepages/6/d178812869/htdocs/uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/inc/actions.php on line 374
====== Links to Aviation Podcasts ======
If yours, or one you know of, is missing, feel free to add it.
* The Airspeed podcast features Capt. Stephen Force exploring the far corners of the interview envelope. Interviewees include military pilots, airshow performers, and flyers of unusual craft and out of the ordinary missions. Captain Force is an extraordinary interviewer and really knows how to bring out the feeling of flying with his guests. He also composes his own music, writes darn good poetry, and even sings on occasion!
* [[http://www.thefinerpoints.net/|The Finer Points]]
* On The Finer Points podcast, certified flight instructor Jason Miller reviews some of the more important, but sometimes overlooked, aspects of safe and efficient aviation. As he says, only by mastering the Finer Points can we be the best possible pilots.
* [[http://www.flywithjoe.com/|Fly With Me]]
* Fly with me is hosted by Joe d'Eon who is a commercial pilot with an airline, and he brings his MP3 record along on airline flights and records encounters and situations that are of interest. He's also had some of his work published on NPR.
* The Pilotcast features pilots Kent, Mike, and Dan who share their unvarnished observations and opinions about the latest developments and products in the world of general aviation. They're just ordinary pilots who are not afraid to say what's on their minds. Every so often the Pilotcast podcast feed will include an episode of the "CFICast." The CFICast is a roundtable discussion among several very experienced flight instructors on selected relevant topics. Sometimes the CFICast goes into great depth and detail, and you can learn a lot from it, so listen for the CFICast episodes interspersed with the Pilotcast episodes.
* [[http://studentpilotcast.com/cast/|Student Pilot Cast]]
* [[http://www.uncontrolledairspace.com|Uncontrolled Airspace]]
* The Uncontrolled Airspace Podcast (UCAP) features the aviation expertise of Jeb Burnside and Dave Higdon, together with the "everyman" viewpoint of G.A. pilot Jack Hodgson. All three work as aviation journalists, and Burnside and Higdon bring decades of professional and well as personal aviation experience to this wide-ranging discussion of economic, political, and safety issues.
Since this Wiki is hosted by UCAP, I guess we should add that the Uncontrolled Airspace Podcast is clearly, and always, the best one out there!
* [[http://pilotwill.libsyn.com/|The Pilot's Flight PodLog]]
* Will and David host a series of interview with ordinary pilots (and some extraordinary pilots!) talking about their flying adventures. This is hangar flying at its best. Real stories from real pilots, some more experienced, and some less, so you get a good mix of viewpoints.
* [[http://pilotsjourneypodcast.com/|Pilot's Journey Podcast]]
* PilotStu and CFIStew discuss aviation training and the steps involved in maintaining proficiency. The "Stews" and their guests provide you with additional knowledge, and maybe a new spin on topics related to training and staying current.
* [[http://www.undaerocast.com/|University of North Dakota Aerocast]]
* A series of very well done educational videos on basic and advanced flight training topics.
* [[http://www.goldseallive.com/|The 25Zulu Show]]
* This program is recorded live, so you can call in (or write in via a chat room) during the recording. If you listen via podcast, you'll hear the calls but of course you can't call in! They cover topics of general interest to general aviation, with a bit of emphasis leaning toward training since they are affiliated with the Gold Seal Aviation Network.
* [[http://www.tftfd.libsyn.com/|Thoughts from the Flight Deck]]
* TFTFD is a relatively new podcast. New York area-based Pilot Bill has been recording short topics, touching on training and cross country.
* [[http://www.flightjournal.com/|Flight Journal Podcast with Budd Davison]]
* Bud's podcasts are a mix of interviews, commentary, and recountings of his experiences flying just about every type of airplane you've ever heard of (and some you haven't!)
* [[http://betty.libsyn.com/|Betty in the Sky with a suitcase]]
* The adventures of flight attendant Betty and her fellow cockpit and cabin crewmembers. Not exactly a "GA" podcast, but the often hilarious experiences recounted by these denizens of the "human mailing tubes" will give you even more reasons to appreciate flying GA.
* [[http://www.studentpilotjournal.com/|Student Pilot Journal]]
* [[http://www.vastudentpilot.com/|Virginia Student Pilot Podcast]]
*Great Ultralight Podcast
* [[http://www.avit.und.edu/f2_Current%20Students/f4_Resources/Podcasts.php|Univ of North Dakota Aviation School]]
* [[http://www.airplanegeeks.com/|Airplane Geeks]]
* Max, Rob, Dan, and David bring you the week's top stories in aviation, along with a featured guest. This podcast often has a Commercial/Air Transport emphasis, but it's very insightful and of interest to all "Airplane Geeks"
* About the best aviation podcast I ever listened to. Only 22 episodes were made covering GA, military and airline matters. The highlight is a gorgeus series about the history of Aéropostale. With music and sound effects, it will transport you to a time when the Off Field Landing of the Week really was a weekly event. It is in French, but if you can understand a bit of it, do listen to it. You will improve your French comprehension in the process.
* [[http://www.planecrazydownunder.com|Plane Crazy Down Under]]
* The newest aviation podcast and the only one we're aware of from Australia or the Asia/Pacific area